With all the charm and atmosphere of historic architecture, in a central location where you can walk to shopping, cafes, restaurants and the train, here's a chance to make living in Subiaco within reach. Over the road from the oval, in a street lined with traditional homes, this Federation classic is secluded behind high walls and a courtyard garden. Being on a corner block is a real bonus, with vehicle access from Ellen Street. It's urban living with a difference: the grace and relaxation of high ceilings, jarrah floors and generous rooms, but with all the convenience of having everything you need close by.
Through the paved garden with limestone-walled beds and a gazebo, the veranda is sheltered under the bullnose roof, featuring renewed timber detailing. The tuckpointed brick exterior and the double-hung sash windows have also been restored, and the colourful leadlight door opens to the traditional central hallway. Jarrah floors flow throughout, and the three working fireplaces retain their timber surrounds and decorative tiling.
There are three bedrooms, two at the front of the home welcoming the northern light, including the master bedroom featuring extensive built-in storage. A formal dining room flows through to the kitchen, with granite tops, jarrah cabinetry, central island and freestanding stainless steel range, plus the original Metters stove for a touch of history. Adjacent, the living room is spacious, with a big sash window to the east for the morning sun. Beyond, there's a flexible zone for a study or hobby room, plus two bathrooms: one with the original clawfoot bath restored, and the other with a bidet and European laundry incorporated. Tandem paved parking leads to convenient rear entry to the home.
Here you're in the heart of the Subi lifestyle: walk home from the Besk Bar, enjoy 24-hour shopping convenience just down the road, pick up your fresh bread from the Mary Street Bakery, stroll to the gym or pilates and have easy access to a range of services in Hay Street just two blocks away. The big green space over the road makes it a pleasant walk to the train station two stops from the city, and the new Bob Hawke College is close by. For a couple or young family, investors, downsizers, or anyone who appreciates character plus convenience, 255 Roberts Road is a smart opportunity.
• Tuckpointed 1905 character home on corner block
• Great entry opportunity to central location
• Bullnose veranda, jarrah floors, high ceilings, double-hung sash windows
• Timber architraves, high skirtings, ceiling roses, picture rails
• Security door, iron window grilles, reverse-cycle air-conditioning
• Rear access off Ellen Street
• Beautiful original working fireplaces with Federation detailing
• Two bathrooms, one with gorgeous clawfoot bath
• Separate dining, spacious living area
• Granite and jarrah kitchen with stainless steel range and central island
• Close to everything: train, shopping, bars, restaurants, services, schools