208 Daglish Street
SOLD - A classic Wembley story
Appreciate the original details, including an arched hallway and polished jarrah floorboards. To your left, a lovely formal living room with a marble-capped fireplace leading through to an open-plan kitchen with an adjacent scullery.
Bedrooms are along the south side of the house, and all have built-in robes, with a study between two, great for older children or as a home office. Add two fully renovated bathrooms and second sitting room, and you have the ideal live-work situation, perfectly suited to the way we live now.
On a generous yet manageable 456sqm block, the home’s interiors link to the alfresco area through new stackable sliding doors, ideal for entertaining. There’s plenty of outdoor space to garden, potter and relax, plus a double carport and separate powered garage to use as a workshop, or for storing sporting equipment and bikes.
With only two owners since it was built in 1951, this home has some wonderfully preserved original features. These include the glass etchings in the original front door that depict grass trees around Herdsman Lake and Lake Monger, jarrah floorboards and window frames, a lucky shamrock etched into the plaster in the hallway arch, and two small chambers underneath the floorboards for safekeeping.
Wembley continues to mature into a dynamic yet neighbourly suburb with fantastic restaurants, cafes and shops (including a 24-hour supermarket), a dream location between city and beach and Lake Monger close by. Excellent schools include Bob Hawke College and Bold Park Primary, and there is no shortage of sporting facilities and leisure opportunities close by, including Lake Monger, Floreat Forum, The Herdsman Tavern, Bold Park, Matthews Netball Centre, the shops and restaurants of Rokeby Road and so much more...
• Extensively renovated mid-century home with multiple indoor and outdoor living areas.
• Original jarrah floorboards, jarrah window frames, marble-capped fireplace and etched glass doors.
• Three bedrooms, all with built-in robes.
• Oversized new kitchen with stone benchtops, double pantry, 900mm oven and cooktop, overhead cupboards, soft-close doors and drawers, and island benchtop with under-bench wine fridge.
• Off-kitchen scullery with feature black stone sinkware, more overhead cupboards and generous appliance bench space.
• Two fully renovated bathrooms with black tapware, recess showers shelves and feature jarrah in ensuite.
• Two separate study or activity areas, both with network data points.
• New rear alfresco with built-in lighting, linked to house with three-door stackable sliding doors for easy entertaining.
• Full electrical rewire of home with relevant statutory certificates.
• Three reverse-cycle split-system air conditioners.
• Original Bristle clay roof tiles, all repointed and cleaned.
• New storm water tanks and fully functioning gutters and down pipes.
• Newly laid washed aggregate concrete drive and paths, including to front patio and entry steps.
• Newly constructed oversized double carport with power-coated aluminium bladed automatic sectional door.
• Separate powered single garage for third car, bike storage or workshop. Additional car or trailer storage behind garage.
• Lawn areas to both front and back gardens, with powder-coated aluminium bladed fencing securing both areas.
• Extensively landscaped with rust stainless steel lawn/bed dividers and automated reticulation.
Bold Park Primary School
Lake Monger Primary School
Bob Hawke College
Contact Stephanie Taylor on 0408 914 117 for further details.
Let us take the leg work out of house hunting
Get the properties you're interested in delivered straight to your inbox.
What sort of house are you looking for? Let us know by completing the form below and we'll take care of the rest.
Please leave your details below